At Clark and Steinhorn, we have had occassion to represent families in both swimming pool death cases and electrocution cases. A recently reported case out of Houston, Texas combines the two in a tragic result.
27-year-old Raul Hernandez was swimming in a Hilton Hotel pool when the nighttime illumination in the pool came on and electrocuted him. Criminal charges have been brought against the electricians involved as their shoddy work led to a pool light short. Mr. Hernandez was reportedly swimming to help his brother in the deep end and suffered cardiac arrest. His brother and other family members were also shocked but survived.