In a horribly sad incident, a 17-month-old Silver Spring child became entangled in a drapery cord and died of strangulation. The Montgomery County Police report that the child evidently managed to get out of his crib and became caught up in a drapery cord.

The inherent dangerousness of mixing toddlers and blinds, shades, and draperies has been focused on at this website regularly and we strongly urge parents to be aware of this danger.

Numerous blinds and shades have been subject to Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls. http://www.maryland-law.com/library/blinds-recalled-for-strangulation-risks-for-children.cfm

For more up-to-date information go to: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10340.html  
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment