My eye was drawn to this AOL link regarding a topic we have written about fairly extensively, the dangers of shades and blinds to infants and toddlers. See

The story of dental hygenist and mother, Linda Kaiser is heart-rending. As she went off to bed for the night she discovered  that her one year-old daughter had strangled herself accidentally with a window shade cord.

As she explored this tragedy she learned that more than 200 children had died as a result of similar shade and blind cord strangulation incidents. She began a crusade to warn other parents and to stimulate recall of the shades and blinds with similar dangerous propensities.

Ultimately, the Consumer Product safety Commission mandated a recall of more than five million Roman shades and three million roll-up blinds.
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment